Cleaning between your teeth is necessary to prevent decay and infected, swollen gum tissue. In order to clean between your teeth, you will need to floss. With orthodontic braces, it is difficult to floss normally because the archwire is usually in the way. Also, if your teeth are crooked, it may be difficult to pass floss between two crooked teeth. The proper way to floss with braces is to first direct the floss under the archwire using a floss threader or superfloss. This Flossing Braces Video teaches you how to floss your teeth with braces.
- What are the Different Types of Braces and How do I Choose the Right Kind?
- Published in Smart Mouth, Texas Dental Association Patient Publication
- Dr. Tabakman Named as a Finalist in Invisalign’s “Case Shoot-Out”
- Orthodontic Expert on KHOU Hot Topic Wednesday Great Day Houston
- Orthodontic Expert on KHOU Great Day Houston