Memorial Day is this weekend and it’s a great time to honor our country’s veterans and reflect on their services to our country. It’s also a time that many people barbeque, spend time with family and kick off the start of the summer season! It’s also a popular weekend that many people take vacations! If you have braces and also have travel plans for Memorial Day weekend, then you shouldn’t forget to bring your braces traveling kit along for the ride. Below are a few items that Dr. Tabakman and his team from Houston Orthodontic Specialists in the west Houston area recommend that you pack!
- A regular toothbrush or travel toothbrush to ensure those teeth stay clean!
- Any appliance you may be required to wear
- Rubber bands (if you have them)
- Dental floss and floss threaders for your braces
- An interproximal dental brush
- Mouth Wash
- Dental wax
- Chap Stick or Lip Balm
- Advil or Tylenol in case you have discomfort
- A small mirror
- Hand Sanitizer
Please note that if an orthodontic emergency occurs during your travels (i.e. poking wires causing discomfort), and you are not near Houston, you can call our office and let our team know. They will provide you with instructions and care. Before you leave, please schedule an appointment with Houston Orthodontic Specialists at 281-752-4222 with any questions you may have for your travels. Be safe and have a fun Memorial Day!