Memorial Day is this upcoming weekend and it’s a great time to honor our country’s veterans, barbeque and mark the start of the summer season! It’s also a time that many people take weekend vacations. If you have travel plans for Memorial Day weekend and also have braces, don’t forget to pack a braces traveling kit. Below are a few items that our doctors from Bellaire Family Orthodontics in the Houston, TX area recommend that you pack!
- A toothbrush – can’t forget to brush your teeth!
- Non-whitening mild toothpaste
- Any rubber bands or appliances you may be using
- A durable folding cup, water bottle or some other container for water
- Dental floss and floss threaders for your braces
- A small interproximal dental brush
- Interdental picks
- Mouth Wash
- Dental wax
- Chap Stick or Lip Balm
- Advil or Tylenol
- A small mirror
- Hand Sanitizer
Please note that if an orthodontic emergency occurs during your travels (i.e. poking wires causing pain), you can also always call our office and let us know. If you are not near Houston, the American Association of Orthodontics (AAO) can provide you with referrals to great orthodontists. As a precautionary measure before you go, schedule an appointment for an exam with Bellaire Family Orthodontics at 713-667-6000 with any questions you may have during your travels. Be safe!