As a Houston and Bellaire orthodontist at Houston Orthodontic Specialists, Dr. Monica Muller is dedicated to providing outstanding service to our patients while she helps them change their lives by transforming their smiles. After completing her orthodontic residency, Dr. Muller took the extra step of becoming a board-certified orthodontist, allowing her to offer the highest level of care. To enable you to get to know her better and learn more about her life outside of the office, we put together a game of 20 questions. Here are Dr. Muller’s answers:
- What’s one of your best childhood memories?
Visiting grandparents in Peru.
- Did you ever have orthodontic treatment?
Yes, I had Phase I with headgear when I was 10ish, full braces when I was 14, then braces again as an adult in dental school. I’m now doing some tweaking with Invisalign. 😊
- How would you describe yourself in five words?
Determined, Compassionate, Open Minded, Approachable and Dreamer
- Why did you decide to pursue a career as an orthodontist?
I love science and engineering, and orthodontics somewhat combines them with a touch of esthetics and artistry.
- What are your top three favorite albums?
I don’t have a specific album. I like music that makes me happy.
- Is there anything your patients would be surprised to discover about you?
I am a Brown Belt in Karate.
- What’s your favorite part of coming in to work at Houston Orthodontic Specialists each day?
I love seeing patients and interacting with them and seeing them grow and evolve as young adults.
- What’s the most spectacular view you’ve ever seen?
Being in the glacier in Mont Blanc in the Swiss Alps.
- What book are you currently reading?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Finishing dental school, in my professional life. Raising my kids, in my personal life.
- In your spare time, what’s your favorite activity to do with your kids?
We do family yoga and any outdoor activity. We love the beach!
- What do you love most about living in the Houston area?
There is always something to do and food to try.
- What do you think is the most significant benefit of orthodontic treatment is?
The social benefit is the most important. An esthetic, acceptable smile changes people’s social interactions.
- Did you have a nickname as a kid?
Yes, Little Smurf (Pitufa in Spanish).
- What’s the best advice you can give orthodontic patients?
Always brush your teeth. We do not want scars on the surface of the teeth after braces.
- What actor would play you in a movie of your life?
- What was the hardest part of your orthodontic training?
Learning to multitask, seeing multiple patients at a time.
- What was the last gift you received?
I love skinny thin watches from Swatch.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I already have superpowers; I am a working mother.
- What’s your favorite movie?
If you’re ready to get your dream smile and meet Dr. Muller in person, schedule a complimentary consultation at Houston Orthodontic Specialists today!