While social distancing has been necessary to help manage the spread of COVID-19, it’s been hard on local businesses in Houston and across the country. We think it’s so important to spread positivity and smiles (hey, we are orthodontists!) and help out wherever you can during this time.
If it’s within your means, purchasing gift cards, ordering takeout or delivery, or shopping for a business’s products online when possible are all great ideas for helping keep small businesses going as things gradually reopen. While, of course, we can’t mention every business and you should check in with your personal favorites, here are a few of our favorite local Houston businesses that we’d encourage you to support.
Food and Beverage
- Backstreet Café – 1103 S. Shepherd Dr., Houston, TX – In addition to food for curbside pick-up, you can also enjoy cocktail kits.
- Bistro Provence – 13616 Memorial Dr., Houston, TX – This cozy French bistro in West Houston has an extensive take-out menu and they offer curbside pick-up, as well as wine deals.
- Blood Bros BBQ 5425 Bellaire Blvd, Bellaire, TX – Blood Bros is offering a pick-up menu of their BBQ favorites. You can call in your order or, for larger orders, use their website. Bonus: You can get beer or wine to go with your meal.
- Costa Brava Bistro – 5107 Bellaire Blvd, Bellaire, TX – Costa Brava is offering their Spanish and French fare for takeout and delivery. They also have gift cards available.
- Dolce Vita – 500 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX – This family-owned Houston pizzeria is offering takeout and delivery of their full menu, including cocktails, beer and wine.
- French Country Wines – 2344 Bartlett St, Houston, TX – French Country Wines is a locally owned wine store. They’re offering wine delivery for free within the 610 Loop and for $12 outside of the Loop. You can pay online.
- Lemongrass Cafe – 5107 Bellaire Blvd Ste 120, Bellaire, TX – Lemongrass is offering curbside pick-up for their Asian fusion favorites. They also have a minimart with essentials, including milk, butter, toilet paper, fresh produce, dry goods, cleaning supplies, beer, wine, and more that you can order for curbside pick-up as well. Talk about convenience!
- Pecan Creek Grille – 1510 Eldridge Pkwy, Ste 100, Houston, TX – Get your breakfast fix from Pecan Creek Grille. They’re offering curbside pickup, as well as delivery on weekends within a five-mile radius. They’ve also put together a new family menu.
- The ‘401 – 6700 Ferris, Ste 150, Bellaire, TX – This Bellaire neighborhood restaurant is offering curbside to-go orders and free delivery within a five-mile radius.
- Uptown Sushi – 1131-14 Uptown Park Blvd, Houston, TX – You can order sushi online for takeout and curbside pick-up. They also have delivery through Favor.
Farmers’ markets are a great way to support local farmers and food businesses. Most of the local markets have social distancing rules in place and some are even offering the option to pick food up.
- Urban Harvest Farmers’ Market –St. John’s School, 2752 Buffalo Speedway, Houston, TX – This market is open Saturdays from 8am to 12pm. In addition to the regular market, they offer online ordering and a drive-thru option.
- Memorial Villages Farmers Market – 10840 Beinhorn Rd, Houston, TX – They’re open Saturdays from 9am to 1pm.
- Eleanora’s Market – 2120 Ella Blvd, Houston, TX – This market is open on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm.
- Westchase District Farmers’ Market – 10503 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX – The local market is open on Thursdays from 3pm to 7pm.
- The Houston Farmers’ Market – 2520 Airline Dr, Houston, TX – Texas’ largest farmers’ market is open daily from 5:30am to 6pm.
- Braeswood Farmers Market – 5401 S. Braeswood Blvd, Houston, TX –The Braeswood Farmers’ Market is open Wednesdays from 4pm to 8pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 1pm.
- Rye 51 – 2800 Kirby Dr, Ste B124 and 642 Yale St, Ste B, Houston, TX – Shop online at this menswear boutique.
- Tres Chic – 3414 Eastside St, Houston, TX – This mom and daughter-owned fashion boutique offers online shopping.
- Sobare – 2400 Mid Ln, Ste 140, Houston, TX – Get Sobare’s stylish activewear through their online shop.
- Reserve Supply Company – 2205 Washington Ave, Houston, TX – Reserve Supply Company is a locally owned boutique with men’s clothing and accessories. Order online and have it shipped or select local pick-up for curbside pick-up.
- Sloan/Hall – 2620 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX – You can purchase trendy, unique clothing and gifts from the boutique online.
- Pomp and Circumstance – 2708 Sackett St, Houston, TX – This Houston boutique has a full array of clothing, accessories and gifts available online.
- Kick Pleat – 2565 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX – Kick Pleat also sells their clothing, shoes and accessories in their online shop.
- Hello Lucky Life – 1025 Studewood St, Ste 7139, Houston, TX – You’ll find American-made, locally designed apparel for men, women and children at this Houston boutique and they offer online shopping.
- Beehive – 2519 University Blvd, Houston, TX – Shop for women’s clothing, accessories and shoes online or try Beehive To-Go and get a curated box of clothing and accessories hand-selected and delivered to you.
- Zadok Jewelers – 1749 Post Oak Blvd, Houston, TX – Zadok is a family-owned jewelry store in Houston that offers watches, rings, gems, gifts and repairs. You can shop by appointment or order online and have items shipped to your home.
- Magpies Gifts – 5000 Bellaire Blvd, Bellaire, TX – This Bellaire boutique has online shopping, as well as gift cards available for purchase. You’ll find unique, quality gifts for men, women and children, as well as home goods. If you’re looking for something fun to do at home, try their paint-by-number kits.
- Bering’s Hardware – 6102 Westheimer Rd and 3900 Bissonnet St, Houston, TX –Bering’s is still open, however, you can also buy online and pick-up in store, get curbside delivery or have your order shipped to your house.
- Itsy Bitsy Boutique – 2511 River Oaks, Houston, TX – Shop this Houston boutique’s selection of baby and kids’ clothing, nursery décor and more online. Locals can select pick-up in store for curbside delivery.
- Brazos Bookstore – 2421 Bissonnet St, Houston, TX – Support this Houston independent bookstore by ordering books online and having them shipped right to your door.
- Blue Willow Bookshop – 14532 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX – This West Houston independent bookstore has online shopping for books, gift cards, e-books and audiobooks. You can also call for pick-up or place orders and get recommendations over the phone.
We hope you find this list of small businesses in Houston to support helpful and we also hope everyone is doing well. We’re officially open again to all patients and we can’t wait to see you! We’ll be getting our current patients back in for visits. If you’re a new patient, schedule a visit or book a virtual consultation to kick off your smile journey.