Straighten Your Teeth Without Braces
If you’ve heard of Invisalign for adults and teens, you know it can be a great replacement for traditional braces. The Invisalign system is an unobtrusive way to create the smile you’ve always wanted — and it’s also available for children! Invisible aligners for kids can be an effective and easy way to help them attain the healthiest smiles possible.
Since teeth grow throughout childhood, it’s the perfect time to tackle any possible issues and prevent further orthodontic procedures and expenses. Invisalign for kids, called Invisalign First, will help their permanent teeth grow correctly while still taking care of their baby teeth.
Is Your Child a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
If your child is between the ages of 6-10, they could be a great candidate for Invisalign First. This clear tooth alignment method works for any personality or lifestyle:
- Active lifestyle: Invisalign is great for kids involved in sports or active hobbies. The aligners are made with smooth plastic that is gentle against gums, so they are less likely to cause sores and cuts than braces.
- Reserved personality: Invisalign’s clear plastic makes it virtually invisible to others. Your child can wear these aligners in comfort and confidence.
- Busy schedule: Invisalign is easy to care for and helps children stick to their hygiene habits with minimal disruption. All they need to do is remove their aligner, then brush and floss like normal.
How Invisalign for Kids Works
After assessing if Invisalign is the best option for your child, we will take a digital scan of their teeth and gums to make a 3D model. This model is used to create their first custom aligner. They will then receive new aligners every few weeks to gently guide and correct their teeth.
Because their teeth are still forming, children need a different kind of aligner than adults and teens. These aligners can help prevent overcrowding, poor spacing, underbites, overbites and other issues common in children’s teeth.
Benefits of Invisalign First
Invisalign First treatment for kids offers numerous advantages, such as:
- Minimal lifestyle changes: Your child will still be able to eat the foods they love — they just need to remove their aligners before digging into a meal.
- Prevention of other orthodontic issues: Invisalign First will help your child’s permanent teeth grow correctly, helping prevent orthodontic issues and expenses in the future.
- Easy maintenance: The aligners only require a simple scrub with a toothbrush and warm water for cleaning.
Explore Invisalign for Kids With Houston Orthodontic Specialists
The team at Houston Orthodontic Specialists is committed to helping you and your child have the best experience possible. With our compassionate staff and experienced orthodontists, you won’t find quality treatment like this anywhere else. Dr. Tabakman is one of Houston’s only Invisalign providers with a Diamond Plus rating, so you can trust you will get the best service around.
Contact Houston Orthodontic Specialists Today
Invisalign First can be a valuable investment in your child’s future health and well-being. To see if Invisalign is a viable option for your child, book a free online consultation or give us a call — you can reach our West Houston office at 281-752-4222 or our Bellaire office at 713-667-6000.
Am I a candidate?
Find out which teeth-straightening option will bring out the best in your smile!