As a Houston and Bellaire orthodontist, Dr. Vladimir Tabakman is on a mission to offer his patients high-tech, expert orthodontic care that will give them the healthy, beautiful smiles they deserve and the confidence that comes with it. Dr. Tabakman and the team make sure every patient feels like they’re part of the family as soon as they walk through the doors. Well, we decided to play a game of 20 questions with Dr. Tabakman to help you learn more about him and what he’s like when he’s not busy perfecting smiles at Houston Orthodontic Specialists.
- What book are you currently reading?
The Miracle Morning and Tribe of Mentors
- Did you ever have braces or Invisalign?
Yes, I had braces at age 35.
- How would you describe yourself in five words?
Responsible, honest, loyal, generous, and fun!
- Why did you decide to become an orthodontist?
As an orthodontist, I can see my patients go through transformations. There is no better feeling than giving others the confidence and the infinite possibilities that the confidence can create. Plus, I wanted to help people look better in selfies! 😉
- What’s the most incredible vacation you’ve ever been on?
Snorkeling with my daughter in Mexico
- Is there anything your patients would be surprised to learn about you?
I started Bellaire High School as a junior and didn’t speak a word of English.
- What’s your favorite part of coming into to work at Houston Orthodontic Specialists every day?
I truly feel that we have an amazing team and amazing patients. I’m blessed to enjoy going to work. If you can even call it work.
- What would your perfect Saturday with your family be like?
Spending all day with the four of us on the beach or anything on the water
- What sets you apart from other orthodontists?
I have a constant desire to learn and get better.
- What achievement are you most proud of?
I believe I have achieved many things professionally, but my family is what I’m the most proud of.
- What’s your favorite restaurant in Houston?
I am obsessed with sushi!
- What was the first concert you ever went to?
My first concert after moving to America was AC/DC!
- What do you think the most important benefit of orthodontic treatment is?
Orthodontic treatment is life-changing and the most rewarding thing as an orthodontist is to see a patient gain self-confidence and start smiling.
- What was the last great movie you saw?
- If you could be a fictional character for 24 hours, who would you be?
- What’s the best piece of advice you can give orthodontic patients?
Be genuine and true to yourself. A positive attitude can overcome any challenges.
- What sport do you enjoy playing the most?
Soccer and tennis
- What was the most challenging part of your orthodontic training?
Getting into an orthodontic residency is very competitive. The biggest challenge was doing well enough in dental school to be able to be accepted.
- What’s your favorite thing about the Houston area?
We live in an awesome city where things are very easily accessible and you can see a professional sporting event during the day and go to a concert in the evening!
- What’s on your bucket list?
Going on an African safari with my family.