What is Grin Remote Monitoring?
Grin allows us to offer virtual check-ups, which eliminates unnecessary in-person appointments and enables us to treat patients from wherever they are. Using a reusable mouthpiece we’ll provide you with that attaches to your smartphone, you’ll take orthodontist-ready scans of your teeth in less than 60 seconds. You’ll then submit the scans for your orthodontist to review through the Grin dental monitoring app on your phone. Since you’ll only have to come to the office when you need to, you’ll get the smile of your dreams while spending less time in our chair.
How Does the Grin Remote Dental Monitoring App Work?
- We’ll give you access to the Grin app and a reusable mouthpiece that attaches to your smartphone.
- Your orthodontist will determine how often you should check in (usually once a week).
- When it’s time for your virtual check-up, you’ll use the mouthpiece to take scans of your teeth with your smartphone and submit them through the app.
- Your Houston or Bellaire orthodontist will use Grin remote dental monitoring software to process your scans, allowing them to compare your scans to past images and see your progress in real time.
- Dr. Tabakman, Dr. Bloome or Dr. Mount will send you a secure, HIPAA-compliant message through the app letting you know if your prescribed tooth movements have happened and whether or not your treatment is on track. They can also tell you if it’s time to move on to your next Invisalign® tray or if you should wear your current aligners for a little while longer.
Will I Still Be Working With an Orthodontist?
Yes! With Grin, your orthodontist will be by your side every step of the way and you can communicate with Houston Orthodontic Specialists at any time. In fact, Grin remote dental monitoring gives your orthodontist more control than ever before over your treatment. They can make adjustments to your treatment plan if needed and confirm that it’s progressing without you having to come in for an appointment. You get flexibility and convenience with doctor oversight.
What Are the Benefits of Grin Remote Dental Monitoring?
You might be surprised at just how easy it is to get the smile you want with a busy, active schedule!